West Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee was “evasive” throughout questioning by the ED, whereas his shut aide Arpita Mukherjee revealed key info, sources stated. This is what the 2 have been requested.
West Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee and his shut aide Arpita Mukherjee have been arrested on Saturday in reference to the SSC rip-off.
West Bengal minister and Trinamool Congress heavyweight Partha Chatterjee was “evasive” throughout questioning by the Enforcement Directorate after he was arrested in reference to the trainer recruitment rip-off, sources stated.
Chatterjee’s rumoured “shut aide” Arpita Mukherjee, additionally arrested in the identical case, was interrogated by ED officers. However whereas she cooperated with the probe company, the minister was much less forthcoming within the face of relentless grilling, sources stated.
The ED arrested Chatterjee on Saturday in reference to its investigation into alleged irregularities within the recruitment drives by the West Bengal Faculty Service Fee (SSC). Mukherjee, from whose residence the company had earlier recovered Rs 21 crore in money, was additionally held hours later.
READ | SSC rip-off: ED finds black diary with explosive particulars at Partha Chatterjee’s aide’s residence
This is how the primary spherical of questioning went and what the 2 accused have been requested:
- Bengal trade and commerce minister Partha Chatterjee returned from Bhubaneswar AIIMS to Kolkata on an early morning flight on Tuesday. Whereas the minister was seen utilizing a wheelchair when he travelled from Kolkata to Bhubaneswar for a medical check-up the day earlier than, he boarded the ED car on foot after touchdown on the Kolkata airport.
- He was taken on to the company’s workplace in Salt Lake from the Kolkata airport this morning. Arpita Mukherjee, who was produced earlier than a particular court docket, was dropped at the CGO workplace after the ED secured her custody. She was saved within the company’s ladies lockup in a single day.
- Questioning of the 2 suspects started at 10 am sharp on Tuesday morning. They have been interrogated individually in two rooms. In accordance with ED sources, Partha Chatterjee was requested about a number of property paperwork, appointment letters for college lecturers and photocopies of admit playing cards seized from his home.
- The senior Trinamool Congress chief held the training portfolio when the alleged appointment rip-off came about. Chatterjee was requested why he nonetheless had so many paperwork associated to the training division regardless of being the Minister of Industries now. The minister was additionally quizzed about a number of property paperwork recovered from his home.
- On the similar time, a crew of detectives, together with a lady officer, interrogated Arpita Mukherjee in one other room proper subsequent to Chatterjee’s. Mukherjee was requested in regards to the supply of the almost Rs 22 crore recovered from her residence, whether or not it was the proceeds of crime from the alleged trainer recruitment rip-off, and if the money recovered from her home was given by Partha Chatterjee.
- In accordance with ED sources, Arpita Mukherjee answered a number of questions put up by the detectives of their probe to unearth the alleged cash path concerned within the trainer recruitment rip-off. She revealed key info throughout questioning and the company will proceed with the investigation primarily based on the inputs obtained from her on Tuesday.
- ED sources additional stated that they’ll quickly ship out look notices to a number of businessmen, together with TMC councillors who have been in Partha Chatterjee’s interior circle, in reference to the Faculty Service Fee rip-off case.
- In the meantime, a crew of ED officers visited Bikash Bhawan, the headquarters of West Bengal’s Division of Faculty Schooling, on Tuesday afternoon. The investigating officers spoke to a number of prime officers of the Schooling Division. In accordance with the sources, the training division officers have been requested:
– Below whose directions the trainer recruitment drive went on illegally?
– What precisely was the function of Partha Chatterjee as Schooling Minister in illegally recruiting lecturers?
– Who else was concerned on this rip-off in and aside from the training ministry.
— ENDS —